Brunswick High School Student Athlete Commits, Photo courtesy of Mr. Jarrett

Brunswick’s Upcoming Collegiate Athletes 2022

Roaders Changing Uniforms

May 31, 2022

This year, Brunswick was home to many stellar athletes! Throughout the athletic program, many student athletes signed and committed to a variety of colleges. Not only did Brunswick have a handful of Class of 2022 committed athletes, but Brunswick High School is also home to a committed junior, Oliver Ellison! We would like to take the time to recognize each of our athletes that are going on to play at the next level.

Abbey Bolingbroke

Abbey will be continuing her lacrosse journey at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland. Hood is a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III school that competes in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth (MAC Commonwealth) conference. Along with lacrosse, Abbey will be earning a degree in business. Congratulations, Abbey!

Carly Bruchey

Carly will be continuing her softball career at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland. Washington College is a NCAA Division III school competing in the Centennial Conference. Carly will also be earning her degree in Special Education. Congratulations, Carly!

Oliver Ellison

Oliver Ellison is currently committed as a junior to Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina. He will be playing NCAA Division I baseball and he will be competing in the Sun Belt Conference. His degree is yet to be determined, as he is still in his third year of high school. Congratulations, Oliver!

Noland Genies

Noland committed to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore for collegiate baseball. University of Maryland Eastern Shore, located in Princess Anne, Maryland, is a NCAA Division I school in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC). Alongside pursuing his baseball career, Noland will be earning his degree in business. Congratulations, Noland!

Gavin Hartman

Gavin Hartman is committed to Davis and Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia for baseball. Davis and Elkins College is an NCAA Division II school in the Mountain East Conference. Gavin is not sure what he will be studying quite yet, but excited to start college. Congratulations, Gavin!

Scott Haste

Scott will be attending Frostburg State University to pursue his track and field career. Frostburg State is a NCAA Division II school located in Frostburg, Maryland, competing in the Mountain East Conference. He will be studying to earn his degree in Psychology. Congrats, Scott!

Emily Mohler

Emily will be continuing her soccer journey at Frederick Community College (FCC) in Frederick, Maryland. FCC is a NJCAA Division I school competing in the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference (MD JUCO) with a great soccer program. Emily is yet to decide her major but anxious for college. Congrats, Emily!

Madison Nalborczyk

Madison will be continuing her lacrosse career at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland. Hood College is a NCAA Division III school competing in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth (MAC Commonwealth) conference. Madison will also be earning her degree in Economics. Congratulations, Madison!

Devin Phillips

Devin Phillips has committed to Santa Barbara City College in Santa Barbara, California to continue his football career. Santa Barbara City College is a member of the Community College Athletic Association (CCAA) in the Western State Conference. Devin plans to get a degree in Sports Science and Business Management. Congrats, Devin! 

Joey Sweeney

Joey is committed to play college baseball at Methodist University in Cumberland County, North Carolina next spring. Methodist University is a NCAA Division III school competing in the USA South Athletic Conference. Joey will also be studying Secondary Education. Congratulations, Joey!

Shianne Tibbs

Shianne Tibbs will be continuing her soccer career at Fredrick Community College in Fredrick, Maryland. She will be playing in the MD JUCO conference for NJCAA Division I soccer. She will also be earning her associates degree there. Congrats, Shianne!

Maggie Williams

Maggie will be continuing her soccer career at Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania, this fall. Albright College is a NCAA Division III school competing in the Commonwealth Conference. Maggie will also be earning her degree in Biopsychology Behavioral. Congratulations, Maggie! 

View Comments(1)
Donate to Garnet & Gold Gazette
$476
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Garnet & Gold Gazette
$476
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (1)

All Garnet & Gold Gazette Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

Mrs FairbrotherJun 3, 2022 at 6:52 am

Congrats to all of these scholar athletes! Best of luck! We can’t wait to see what you all accomplish on and off the field.

Reply
1