All Aboard Brunswick News Station - News Site of BHS

Abby Sharp

March 17, 2023

Abby Sharp is currently in Journalism 1 student on The Garnet & Gold Gazette staff.

“Being on the staff of The Garnet & Gold Gazette to me means that we all have a responsibility to create interesting content for the readers. We all are able to influence our audience (positively or negatively) through our writing with the variety of different topics we write about on our page.”

“When I signed up for this class I thought this was just a normal writing class where we got prompts and wrote within guidelines and just turned that in, but journalism is so much different. I thought The Garnet & Gold Gazette was just a club but not an actual class. Since being in journalism, I’ve actually had motivation to write articles, whereas in the required English classes, I never had any motivation and it was difficult to keep up with deadlines. Journalism has taught me how to write in ways that the English classes never had. I’ve grown to appreciate writing and I have a lot of fun doing it now!”

“I would say that upcoming journalism students should definitely consider writing a lot more teacher features. They are actually pretty fun to write and you get to learn tons of stuff about the teachers that you never would have known about. I know the teachers really appreciate it and I think it shows how much we care about them and respect them and what they do for us.”

“My favorite high school memory is being in my ceramics 2 class this year. I loved being able to make my own pottery, and I had a lot of fun with my friends in that class. Everyday we would joke around and laugh the whole time. It made me excited to come to school.”

“I am planning on attending FCC to get the general studies classes out of the way, and if I get the chance, I would like to transfer to FSU to major in science of wildlife and fisheries, and minoring in animal behavior. I hope to become a zoologist in the future.”

View Comments(1)
Donate to Garnet & Gold Gazette
$476
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Garnet & Gold Gazette
$476
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (1)

All Garnet & Gold Gazette Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

adviserMay 16, 2023 at 6:25 am

Enjoy your last day as a Railroader! I’ve loved having you in Journalism and I’m so proud of you!

Reply
1