Instagram posts from the Class of 2023 announcing their commitments to college. (Kylie Lancaster)
Instagram posts from the Class of 2023 announcing their commitments to college.

Kylie Lancaster

Brunswick’s Upcoming Collegiate Athletes 2023

Roaders Changing Uniforms

March 27, 2023

Brunswick High School’s student athletes will never fail to impress our community! The Class of 2023 is home to many future collegiate athletes; all located on the East Coast! Their hard work, dedication, and aspiration is truly inspiring. We would like to take the time to recognize these athletes individually.

Ryley Backer

Ryley will be continuing her soccer career at Shepherd University located in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Shepherd University is a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III school that competes within the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) and will compete against other collegiate teams such as Bloomsburg University and Shippensburg University. Ryley will also be earning her degree in Psychology. Congratulations, Ryley!

Will Burton

Will has committed to continue is soccer career at Lebanon Valley College in Annville, Pennsylvania. Lebanon Valley College is a NCAA Division III school that plays within the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC). In this conference, the soccer team will play other schools such as Stevenson University and Messiah University. Will is also advancing his academics with a major in Business. Congratulations, Will!

Ricky Cicmenac

Ricky has committed to continue his soccer career at York College of Pennsylvania in Spring Garden Township, Pennsylvania. York College of Pennsylvania is a NCAA Division III school that plays teams such as Hood College and Albright College in the MAC. Ricky will also be receiving his degree in Business Management. Congratulations, Ricky!

Andrew Clary

Andrew will be furthering his baseball career at the University of Valley Forge in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. University of Valley Forge is an NCCA Division III school competing in the Colonial State Athletic Conference (CSAC) and will play school such as Wilson College and Rosemont College. Andrew will be majoring in the major of his choosing Congratulations, Andrew!

Leah Cook

Leah has committed to further her soccer career at Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA) in West Palm Beach, Florida. PBA is a NCAA Division II school competing in the Sunshine State Conference (SSC) where they will play other collegiate teams such as University of Tampa and Florida Tech University. Leah will be furthering her education with a major of her choosing. Congratulations, Leah!

Johnathan Dysinger

Jonny will continue his baseball career at Geneva College in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. Geneva College is a NCAA Division III school that competes against teams such as Washington Jefferson College and Chatham University in the Presidents’ Athletic Conference (PAC). Jonny will be furthering his education in his degree of choice. Congratulations, Jonny!

Oliver Ellison

Oliver’s collegiate commitment has been widely covered on the Garnet and Gold Gazette. As a Junior, Oliver committed to NCAA Division I Coastal Carolina University, located in Conway, South Carolina. To get a deeper look into Ellison’s commitment, you can read Isaac Hatch’s article, Ellison Exclusive. Oliver was also featured in last years commitment article, Brunswick’s Upcoming Collegiate Athletes 2022. Brunswick is so proud of you, Oliver!

Ethan Genos

Ethan has committed to continue his football career at Grove City College in Grove City, Pennsylvania. Grove City College is a NCAA Division III school competing in the ECAC against schools like Westminster College and Bethany College. Ethan will also be furthering his education by earning his degree in his major of choice. Congratulations, Ethan!

Ray Gibson

Ray will be furthering his running career at Frostburg State University in Frostburg, Maryland on their Cross Country team. Frostburg State is an NCAA Division II school in the Mountain East Conference (MEC) where Ray will be running against other collegiate athletes from schools such as Davis and Elkins College and Alderson Broaddus University. To get a closer look on Ray’s running experience, check out Sammy Joseph’s article, Railroader Ray Gibson Shatters School Record. Ray will be studying his major of choice at Frostburg as well. Congratulations, Ray!

Jack Hamilton

Jack has committed to play baseball at Wilson College in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Wilson College is a NCAA Division III school competing in the CSAC against teams such as University of Valley Forge and Keystone College. Jack will be studying Business Management to further his academic career. Congratulations, Jack!

Isaac Hatch 

Isaac will be continuing his tennis career at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland. Hood College is a NCAA Division III school competing against schools such as Alvernia University and Eastern University in the MAC. Isaac will also continue his studies in Pre-law (Environmental Policy). Congratulations, Isaac!

Atiya Jackson

Atiya has decided to further her soccer career at Shippensburg University in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. Shippensburg University is a NCAA Division II school competing in the PSAC against other teams such as West Chester University and Shepherd University. Atiya will further her education in Psychology. Congratulations, Atiya!

Logan Malone

Logan had committed to continue his soccer career at Frostburg State University in Frostburg, Maryland. As stated above, Frostburg State is a NCAA Division II school in the MEC. Logan and his future teammates will be competing against other schools such as Wheeling University and University of Charleston. Logan will be majoring in his major of choice. Congratulations, Logan!

Anna Putnam

Anna has decided to continue her softball career at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland. McDaniel is an NCAA Division III school in the Centennial Conference (CC) and will be playing teams such as Ursinus College and Washington College. Anna will also be furthering her studies in Health Sciences. Congratulations, Anna!

Nadia Remaley

Nadia has committed to run on Shepherd University’s cross country team. As mentioned above, Shepherd is a NCAA Division III school in the PSAC. Nadia and her team will be running in the Shippensburg Invitational (4K) and the PSAC Championship (6K). Nadia will also be studying the major of her choosing. Congratulations, Nadia!

Cassidy Rhodes

Cassidy will be continuing her basketball career at Alderson Broaddus University in Philippi, West Virginia. Alderson Broaddus is a NCAA Division II school that competes against West Virginia State University and Fairmont State University in the MEC. Cassidy will also be furthering her academic career in Journalism! Congratulations, Cassidy!

We wish all of our future collegiate athletes good luck in their endeavors! Wish them good luck in the comments as well!