All Aboard Brunswick News Station - News Site of BHS

Missus Worldwide: Emily Fairbrother

January 6, 2022

Mrs. Fairbrother

Autumn Crutchley

Mrs. Fairbrother

Imagine the ideal teacher—chill, relatable, funny and still somehow tricks you to do work—well, that’s Mrs. Fairbrother.

Mrs. Fairbrother is a teacher at Brunswick High School. She teaches AP Literature, English 10, and English 11 Honors. She finished high school in her home country of Australia,Victoria, Australia to be specific. By the way, according to her kangaroos are as common as deer there.

She also earned her undergraduate degree in Australia then came to the US and got her masters degree at Wake Forest University. Finally, she went to Hood College to get her post-graduate certificate that led to her teaching at Brunswick High School. 

Mrs. Fairbrother has gotten the opportunity to travel all over the world and experience different cultures and ways of living. Not only was she able to live in Australia for her childhood but she has traveled to Southeast Asia, New Zealand, Italy, Greece (which she loved), Germany (where she lived for sometime), and Croatia (which is her favorite place that she has traveled). 

Her favorite part of her trip to Croatia was going to the Island Hvar. She stated that she loved the calm and  while she was there she was able to go through a setting from Game of Thrones, the Diocletian’s Palace.  She mentioned that she would want to travel to Bulgaria and if ever possible Antarctica.

View Comments (2)
Donate to Garnet & Gold Gazette
$476
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Brunswick High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Garnet & Gold Gazette
$476
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (2)

All Garnet & Gold Gazette Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

Amber BartzFeb 3, 2022 at 5:57 pm

Love these interviews! They’re really interesting to read!

Reply
  • M

Mrs. Lydia KowalskiJan 24, 2022 at 6:01 am

I really enjoyed the fun facts that you added into this article.

Reply
2