All Aboard Brunswick News Station - News Site of BHS

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Sara Guillen

Image created with Canva.

What does being on the staff of  The Garnet and Gold Gazette mean to you?

At first, I wasn’t too confident of what I would do as a member of the G&G, but now as I finish the semester I see that I have learned a lot. I wrote a few articles for our Gazette, and I had fun with it. Being a member of the G&G Gazette means to be creative and write about topics you enjoy!

How has being on the staff impacted you?

I have learned so many new ideas and concepts about writing, I never thought I would write articles for our school paper, but here I am. I have had many fun and good memories to remember from this class.

What advice do you have for upcoming journalism students?

Have fun. It can seem stressful at times with deadlines and assignments, but the feeling you have after completing an article is like no other. 

Favorite high school memory? 

I spend a lot of time with my best friend Isleina, every memory I make with her is my favorite. Every school dance, every laugh we have in Journalism, it’s all my favorite. 

What are your plans after high school?  

I plan to attend FCC and earn a Criminal Justice degree there. I then plan to get a Bachelors or higher degree. I would like to work in the CSI field after I graduate, with a Forensics and/or Criminal Justice/Criminology degree.