All Aboard Brunswick News Station - News Site of BHS

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

The 2023 DWTP routines!
Brunswick Holds It's Second Annual Dancing With The Poms
Ava Stiglicz, Editor-in-Chief • January 31, 2024
Delaney Yablon, a sophomore, starting her match during the wrestling season.
Women in Wrestling
Samantha Junker and Delaney Yablon January 9, 2024
Brunswick Girls Flag football posing with their brand new Under Armour uniforms.
FCPS Female Athletes Make History
Ava Stiglicz, Editor-in-Chief • November 16, 2023
BHS Varisty Girls Soccer at Mt. Ridge
Girls Soccer 2023-2024
Sonya Matthews and MJ King October 24, 2023

Poms & Cheer Make History

These Two Teams Amaze The School With The First Ever Poms—Cheer Collab

For years Brunswick High School (BHS) cheer has led the football crowds: staying hyped during wins, cheering on the players, and wowing the audience with their amazing flips and stunts. As cheer leads on the sidelines, poms waits to dance during half time. Two teams with similar goals (pepping up the crowd) stayed completely separate — until this season. Poms and cheer have come together for one of the most spectacular dances Brunswick high school has ever seen. After long practices on Sunday nights to 6am practices before school — their hard work finally paid off. This cheer-poms collaboration wowed the school at the 2023 homecoming pep rally. From the combination of cheer baskets and flips to poms leaps and dance moves, this performance is truly unmatched. The team duo made a return for the October 6, 2023, football game against Walkersville — letting parents see what these girls have worked so hard for during the show. While both teams contain impeccable talent, this collab will go down in BHS history.

A huge thank you to Coaches/Advisors: Scott Tuomey, Brandy Fry, Kelli Dick, Kim Shank, and Jessie Duvall.

Poms & Cheer