All Aboard Brunswick News Station - News Site of BHS

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

The Love For Dance Is Alive In Brunswick

BHS Poms Youth Clinic 2024

On Friday, March 22, the Brunswick High School (BHS) Pom and Dance Team hosted a clinic for elementary and middle school aged students — BHS Poms Youth Clinic.

The goal for this event was not only to raise money for the Roaderettes, but also to promote the dance team to younger generations! Mr. Scott Tuomey says, “The goal of the poms youth clinic was to expand the interest in dance in the Brunswick community and raise funds for the Roaderettes, who are 100% self-funded…”

Throughout the day, current Roaderettes taught the minis choreography — which was later performed. Around mid-day, Roaderette minis ate lunch and were able to decorate their own picture frames. High schoolers on the current dance team signed these frames for the future Roaderettes as well. At the end of the clinic, the minis as well as current members of the dance team participated in a showcase, where all of the choreography was performed.

It was a fun day for everybody in attendance! In case you missed it, here are some photos that captured the day!