All Aboard Brunswick News Station - News Site of BHS

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Garnet & Gold Gazette

Keira McDonald

Keira+McDonald+%28left%29+and+Paige+Trendell+%28right%29+receiving+the+Superintendents+Cup.+Photo+credits+to+Maddie+Eng.+
Maddie Eng
Keira McDonald (left) and Paige Trendell (right) receiving the Superintendent’s Cup. Photo credits to Maddie Eng.

“FCASC (Frederick County Association of Student Councils) is a student-led organization where we represent the students of FCPS and better the Frederick County community. Our group facilitates monthly meetings where we bring together every middle school and high school student council and have them engage in a variety of different activities. These meetings not only help hone the leadership skills of students, but also provide our group with feedback on what problems they see at their school, and how FCASC can help with those problems. I’m on the FCASC board because I really love to see young leadership with lots of potential and being able to watch them grow in their skills. Particularly with middle schoolers—a lot of them have such great ideas but don’t have the confidence to express or execute those ideas. That’s where I think FCASC is so important, because it gives young people confidence in their leadership abilities.”

-Keira McDonald, Senior